As a general member of the CAVFD, you are entitled to a great number of benefits and opportunities, such as:
1. Free fire & EMS training from the Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute.
2. Unparalleled experience in one of the busiest firehouses in the DC metro area.
3. Retirement pay after 20 years of service through the LOSAP program.
4. A $3500 tax break after three years of service (scheduled to increase shortly).
5. Federal and state sponsored tuition reimbursement programs.
6. Opportunities to take leadership roles within the department.
7. Camaraderie and brotherhood within the department.
8. A great working relationship with the career personnel in the station.
9. Free uniforms including duty pants, shirt, and belt.
10. Computers and broadband internet access for all members.